Monday, August 30, 2010

"Thank you for registering"

I did it. I pulled the trigger on the Omaha half marathon to be run in less than 5 weeks. It made me nervous that the boys cried and interrupted my attempt to register at least a dozen times. Was it a sign I shouldn't do it? Then I remembered they interrupt trying to eat, drink, sleep, shower, pee, and just about everything else I try to do. They don't appear to be choosey.

Saturday was hot and windy, and I made it out for 7 hard miles to deem a half marathon "doable". It won't be easy, and I have a ways to go to be ready, but it'll be a great way to celebrate the last day of maternity leave. Seems an appropriate bookend to my very pregnant 5k race.

So I have my work cut out for me:
10k in less than 4 weeks
Half marathon in less than 5.
Bring it on!

And what's a post without baby pics?

Among the many cheese-tastic games we play, I call one "big!". It involves a very annoying baby voice by me asking who wants to be big over and over. Good thing I'm home alone. Anyway, they practice sitting up and standing. Got to start building those runner legs early!

And while one is sitting/standing, the other sits right here:

Because HEAVEN FORBID someone not be held for .0005 seconds all day. My arms are getting ripped. Thanks, boys!

26 comments:

Marlene said...

Woohoo!!! You can so handle a half! Crazy to think your mat leave is going to be over already. :( We get a year here in Canada so I am always shocked at how quickly some of my friends soth of the border have to go back to work.

J said...

YAY!! That is so exciting! I am sure you will be all ready to run 13.1 miles in 5 weeks! Those little boys should be so proud of their mama! Wow they get a year of maternity leave in Canada! Crazy!

Unknown said...

you can do it!

Spike said...

Honestly, you are making you baby boys do core workouts...I respect that...I really do.

Abby said...

The pictures of your little guys keep making me smile.

Happy training!

Lindsay said...

well if your legs give out your arms will be strong enough to carry you home. i do think you're nuts for doing a half already. popping babies out would be my excuse to be lazy for many many years...

That Pink Girl said...

You. Are. The. Woman.

Ah-mazing! So exciting that you are already back in training. Way to go!(cute babies too)

Heather said...

Congrats on registering - that is awesome!

Erika said...

Way to go on signing up for your half! I wish you lots of luck for sure!! and the boys are adorable!

Nicole said...

gahh! the boys are so cute!!! i bet you will have buff arms by the time they get a little bigger!!! woot woot!!! yay for a 1/2 mary!!! :) you will do great

MCM Mama said...

You are going to do great at the half.

Those boys are just too cute for words!

Denise said...

you are going to do great, i'm so glad you pulled the trigger. boys are cute as ever!!

No Longer Using said...

UPCOMING RACE excitement!!!!!!!!!!! woooo!!!!! love it.

THEY ARE ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! you must be so busy. are you getting any sleep?!

Anonymous said...

They ARE getting so big!!!!

Half-marathon in 5 weeks- you got it in the bag!!!

Tri Mommy said...

You can do it! As I sometimes remind myself, you birthed twins - you can do anything!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

You are stinkin AMAZING lady!!

Soooo my buddy found out she is having a boy and girl, both healthy.. what a blessing.

CUTE CUTE babies, I bet your arms are amazing.. Hugs to not going crazy with ALL THAT CRYING

Anonymous said...

Congrats on signing up for the half marathon! You are so hardcore!

Melissa Marie Head said...

Amazing that you can run a half marathon so quickly after having a bay. I am impressed!

Jamie said...

very exciting! congrats on registering - you are going to rock it I'm sure!

The Laminator said...

Cutie boys! Congrats on registering. Awesome!

RunToTheFinish said...

you again continue to amaze! i'm not sure I feel ready for a race in 2 months and I haven't recently pushed a out a watermelon

Jess said...

Congrats on registering! You'll do awesome!

And, believe it or not, you're only gonna get stronger because...wait for it...they'll only get bigger!

Kate said...

Hi! I have 4 week old twins and a toddler and want to start running to get back in shape. I'm hoping to do a 5k in October. When do you run? I'm hoping to find some time in the day but I've been feeding/burping/changing babies for the past 3 hours! I think I might do the couch to 5k training. Any tips? Thanks! Your boys are beautiful!

Clare said...

very cool! i never got my running mojo back enough to get back to a half, so GO YOU!!!

Clare said...

also, have to ask...looks like a birthmark on one little guy's cheek..if it is and you want any info on what we went through (though most was posted on my blog), let me know!

N.D. said...

good for you! They are so cute. That is definitely a benefit - the ripped arms. I don't know how you do it with 2 all day!!