Friday, June 26, 2009

Internet "friends"

Have you ever bumped into a fellow blogger or internet person in real life unplanned? I mean, not an official blog meet up, but an "oh crap, is that...? Yeah, that's ___ from the internet!" It's weird, right? Especially when you're with real life people and have to explain how exactly you know that person who just walked past you in a restaurant.

Well, confirming that Omaha is indeed the size of a shoebox, it happened: A Razz spotting. It was only a matter of time. I doubt he recognized me, and I certainly wouldn't have recognized him had he not been with cutie KidDoodle1. Between her and the adorable birthday boy, I can only assume his wife is an ultra-hottie.

And keeping with the theme of internet "friends", a bunch of us girls from another message board I frequent (I cheat on you all from time to time, I'm sorry, I don't love them as much as you, promise) are getting together tomorrow morning for Jazzersize. Yes, Jazzersize.

I'm actually pretty excited about it. These girls and I have had drinks a few times, so it's not a total blind internet date. This will cap off a great week of workouts for me. A mix of good runs, a 2-a-day, a stadium run, and a variety of other cross-training adventures.

One of the girls loves the classes and invited us to come along. I enjoy watching myself baby giraffe around in a room full of mirror while listening to over-synthesized Beyonce, so why the heck not. And you better believe I know what I'm wearing:
I knew that headband would come in handy!

My plan is to run to the studio, Jazzersize around, and run back home before an easy mid-morning bike ride. I haven't come up with a clever Kcirb + Jazzersize name yet (Kcjazirb? RuJazRuBi?), but I'll think of something, don't you worry.

39 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so jealous that you are going to Jazzercise! But, all the way out West... AND I work on Saturdays! Have a great time - it is an AWESOME workout!

Anonymous said...

The blogger meet up has happened to me more than once. A few times it's been downright scary. Sounds like a post waiting to happen.

C said...

I would totally be awkward as arse if I ever met up with any of you. Thankfully I live on a different continent so I don't have to worry about that right now. :)

The Laminator said...

I've had the opposite experience - meeting someone in a random running group outing and then discovering that we've been reading each other's blogs for a year - absolutely wierd!

Have fun Jazzercising!

Shannon said...

What?!? No Razz pictures? You didn't run up and get a autograph?

Jazzercise is fun I think you should make sure you wear your thong leotard ensemble with the headband it would make it much more chic.

:)

Marci said...

That's cool to run into Internet friends. I like your new bike gear and I too have fallen in my driveway!

Niki said...

Jazzercise, fun!!

kristen said...

So funny. There is a Jazzercize class down the road from my house at a grange/lodge type place like twice a week. I always imagine legwarmers and headbands. Have fun.

J said...

Have fun at jazzercise!! I had a dream last night that I saw a blogger and was so shocked that I couldn't go up to them. I am a scard-i-cat!! Have a good weekend!

Razz said...

I'm debating whether my response should be a full-on post or if I should just leave it in this here comment box.

Rest assured, there WILL be a response.

Unknown said...

RuJazzRuBi - sounds like a fancy frozen drink. lol

Jess said...

There are still places that offer Jazzercise?!

And no, I've never "accidentally" run into another blogger. I believe they call that "stalking."

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read all about the jazzercise! Actually, it sounds like fun. There aren't many NC bloggers, so I don't think I would randomly see one.

Susan said...

During a marathon, I saw a couple from a blog I read before I started my own blog...we had the same goal pace, so it was easy to see them. I didn't want to say anything because I thought it would be weird to be like, "Hey, I read your blog!"

Another time, a different blogger was running the half marathon of the marathon I was running, and she spotted me at one of the turn arounds and waited for me at the finish...it was fun. :)

I met my first boyfriend online. Woo!

Have fun jazzercising!!

Heather said...

Jazzercise sounds fun - have a good time! You'll definitely need the headband.

Jamie said...

Small world! I wish I would run into someone once in awhile :) Have fun Jazzercising. The last time I heard of that was when I was 5! It should be fun!

Mica said...

Jazz-ercise! You're going to look like a hottie in the state farm headband!

Denise said...

You're so cute. Your posts always make me smile! Have fun at Jazzercise, I think it sounds like a blast. Don't forget the leg warmers.

Anonymous said...

I would feel totally awkward seeing any of the people whose blog I read. Then again, I am totally blind when it comes to recognizing people and, like Xenia, I live on a different continent (though theoretically, I could run into her without having the faintest clue).

It would be totally weird hearing stuff like "I read your blog". Would give me the creeps and associations with [[psycho mode]]I am your #1 fan... [[/psycho mode]]

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, that's like a quadsport event, isn't it? Running, jazzercise, running then cycling.

My husband just told me he's going to be in Omaha almost every other week until October, I think. I might tag along one day so watch out ;-)

Jeri said...

We used to have this 80's jazzercise video that we would randomly do at my old roomies lake cabin. Please please PLEASE where a one piece swimsuit over leggings. Poof the bangs under the headband. I think it can only enhance the workout. :)

RunToTheFinish said...

omg that outfit is da bomb, hehe i love blogger meet ups but ya it is always a little like hey umm yes we met on the net

Mel-2nd Chances said...

LOL at the headband, definitely the right time to break it out! :D I've bumped into a blogger at a race expo, another time at a running store, and then my marathon. I have a planned meet up this week with a blogger from Australia, Can't wait!

Natalie D said...

that is too funny, I haven't had that happen to me yet but it would be weird for sure!

Hone said...

I think I am the only running blogger in the Anchorage area.

I did run into a couple of people in Hawaii and Cali at races. That was pretty cool.

Amy said...

lol, Jazzercise!! You know what, it might be a lot of fun, since it sounds like you're going with some fun people. :) Please tell me you have some State Farm legwarmers.

Lindsay said...

hahaha. i hope the jazzy jazz class went well. i'm sure it was a fun time for sure! can't wait to hear what kind of combination name there is for kcirb and jazzercising...

joyRuN said...

Ooooh chica! I happened to read Razz's post before this one :)

I want pics of the complete Jazzercise ensemble if you have the legwarmers too!

Brian said...

Hey, you never invited us to Jazzercise! I think you DO love them more :(. hahaha.

Abby said...

Wow, I thought jazzercise died in 1986.

Hope you all had fun :)

jeanarae said...

I will pretend I didn't see the comment about loving ANYONE more than us!

;)

No Longer Using said...

YES!!! Jazzercise!!! oh i miss group classes. so fun!!!!!! and i would love to meet my bloggie friends :) so far i have met 3 and they've all been so nice/fun, ... as if i knew them already!!! it's strange, i mean i don't feel as close to EVERYONE obviously, but there are some bloggers who i feel like i would be great friends with in real life if we lived near each other :) and hey! built in running buddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you're ever in boston..! :)

Mandy said...

Some of my best friends are internet friends. I hope you had a great time at Jazzercise. I am far too uncoordinated for something like that.

Unknown said...

I have only run into a few other bloggers. It is a little odd when explaining to your friends how you know the person.

{will run for margaritas} said...

have fun at jazzercise - it sounds like a blast and a great workout since you are running there/home!

SDrunner said...

Jazzercise sounds like a fun activity, enjoy. Maybe you'll run into some more 'internet' friends on the way!

Lauren said...

Ooh. Think of the workout your hands will get from all those sparkle fingers! I actually have no idea what Jazzercise is. It's possible that it is not nearly as amazing as I think it is.

Marlene said...

Oooh, small world!

Hope you had fun at jazz...can't wait to hear about it!

Erika said...

I've had it happen a couple of times. Love the small world feeling.

Hope you had fun at Jazzercise.

MCM Mama