Sunday, May 9, 2010

I celebrated Mother's Day by eating

Because I'm an over-achieving daughter, I didn't just see my mom today. We spent much of this weekend together. Okay, it mostly because she wooed me with food. I'm a very easy sell like that.

After we had lunch on Saturday, the plan was to make a knock off of an Edible Arrangement for the next day.

This was the beginning of the project:
This was the end of the project:

Aaaaaaand this was most of the middle:

I sat with a bowl of melted white chocolate on my stomach and "quality checked" any piece of fruit within reach. What? Someone had to do it!

Mother's Day was even better with a get together of most of the family. While I'm not an official mom yet, I certainly have some amazing moms and women in my life. My cousin hosted lunch, and all our generations ate and laughed our way through a wonderful afternoon.

It's pretty crazy that there will be four of us next year.

Okay, so even without all the food, I would have loved the weekend with my mom. Even the part when she wanted a picture together where I "looked really pregnant!" (That's love that I actually did it.) Just kidding. I'm blessed with a damn fantastic mom, and I hope I do half as good of a job as she does. Happy Mother's Day Mom! xoxo.

43 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Mother's Day, mom-to-be!!

Unknown said...

Happy Mothers day!! You are in fact a mother. You are caring for and nourishing and loving babies already!

Jamie said...

Looks like a fantastic weekend!

Maggs said...

I think I celebrate all holiday's by eating. Hope you had a Happy mother's day! I bet next year it will be awesome.

Anonymous said...

Look at you - hopefully the kids will get some of that artistic ability!

J said...

You are so cute!! You really look great in all the pictures! I love the one of you with the bowl on your belly! That pregnant belly sure does come in handy!!

Running and living said...

You look so beautiful! I love the pic with the bowl on your belly!

Unknown said...

Nice job on the fruit arrangement.

What better way for a pregnant-with-twins mom-to-be to celebrate mothers day than eating?!?

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Happy belated mom-to-be Day! Such great pics, quality assurance is an important job!!

Mica said...

Yay, this must be such a significant Mother's Day for you!

You look super cool taking down that edible arrangement. I'd probably just stick my face in it and get goop all over my face.

C said...

Quality checker is an important job. Don't underestimate that. :)

Happy mother's day, XC2. You're gonna be a great mom.

Marlene said...

Wow, I'm impressed - great job on the edible arrangement!

N.D. said...

that basket looks awesome!! what afun idea. Happy moms to be day!

Mark said...

I say you're not truly pregnant until you've used your belly as a buffet table. Awesome! Enjoy that convenience (and the excuse to use it) while it lasts :)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Holy CUTENESS!! I remember fruit tasted soooo good when I was prego. FYI being prego makes you a Mom and that is CRAZY that next year there will be 4.. WOW!

Denise said...

you look so adorable. pregnancy is not taking it's toll on you at all!

great pic of you and hubs, very cute together!

Tri Mommy said...

Happy Mother's Day... and I bet the babies loved the fruit! It's good for them. : )

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great weekend! love the photos!

No Longer Using said...

YOU ARE A GENIUS! you made your own edible arrangement??? i checked those things out and they are expensive :) you make it look easy, i wanna make one :)

look at you with the babies bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are rocking it :) glad you had a family filled fun weekend :)

Katie A. said...

You are one HOT mamma! What a nice weekend and I'm very impressed with your fruit arrangement!

Scarlett said...

Looks like a fun weekend! And your tummy as table is adorable!

Jess said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend. And quality testing the fruit was so necessary. You wouldn't want a bad piece to slip in there!

Anonymous said...

Happy mother's day, future mom! Looks like you had an awesome weekend!

Nicole said...

I LOVE the arrangement! SO cute and so creative!! :) I love the pictures too.. you and your hubby are so cute! your glowing! :) hope you had a great mommy to be mommys day! :)

Lindsay said...

Okay darling! I so love the fruit bouquet! Happy Mother's Day :)

Felice Devine said...

I am a fruit addict these days although I am nowhere near as creative as you with that edible arrangement.

Love the bowl on the belly pic!

Anonymous said...

You look great! Can you imagine how much fun next year will be with your two here!!!

Jess said...

Glad you enjoyed Mother's Day as a mom-to-be! You look super cute!

That Pink Girl said...

Quality control is SO important! :0)

Anonymous said...

You look great! I would've eaten the fruit and chocolate too, and I'm not even pregnant!

Lindsay said...

you are such a cute prego lady, and so small for twins! hello!!! i feel like that without any babies :) i would done more than "quality control" on the chocolate and fruit, that's for sure.

MCM Mama said...

You look awesome!!! You are supposed to eat a lot when you carry twins. ;o)

Happy (belated) Mother's day!

The Laminator said...

Looking really good, XC4!
Sounds like an awesome time with mom and the fam! Happy Mom's Day!

Alisa said...

Yum!

What a great looking family. Next year, will certainly look different.

Aron said...

you are such an adorable mom to be! happy mothers day <3

Frayed Laces said...

So, I haven't checked in on your blog in awhile (obviously) and when I saw the first pic I thought "damn she got fat!" Congrats on the buns! I'm tending to my Reader now so I will be a little more up-to-date with your life :)

Unknown said...

You are too cute! The best thing about prego pictures is that you don't have to worry about remembering to suck in! You look fabulous. Hope all goes well and keep me posted. Miss you!

Colleen Walseth said...

okay super mom! cute arrangements!

Katie said...

Holy cow, your mother's day was like a whole event! That edible arrangement was awesome! If I want one I have to order one from the company because I could never actually make one. You look great by the way...

RunningLaur said...

Ok, it's late, but, Happy Mother's Day! I'd have totally spent it eating everything I could too.

Do I see a post of all the running things you can sit on top of the baby belly coming? You've gotta be coming up with lots of great uses for it!

ShutUpandRun said...

You look really cute and little. The best place to rest a bowl of white chocolate is a pregnant belly. No doubt.

RoadBunner said...

Happy belated mother's day!!!

You are SO freakin' cute all prego!!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Love these photos! I agree that you're a mom right now taking good care of those babies.

Happy Belated Mother's Day, you cute Mama!!