#1. The outfit
Since tri shorts seemed to be the overwhelming consensus, I searched high and low for a pair that was the right color, size, and length in an actual store around here. No time for online. Finally picked up these little numbers. They're shorter in real life, and I love them. Money very well spent. (Well... per me anyway. The Husband may beg to differ as I come home with a bag of running/workout goodies about twice a day.)

And of course I need a cute tri top. Duh.
#2. The gear
I've been using an old Pepsi bottle for water. Since I don't drink pop, I'm really hoping it was The Husband's and not something I found along the road one day. Anyway, with as likely as I am to crash into someone anyway, the least I can do it lower the baseline with a non-twist cap water vessel.
Have I told you my latest conundrum? The hair. Or more specifically, these bangs. What the hell do I do with my hair? High ponytail, low, braid(s)? For starters, I have to stuff it in this teeny, brain-squishing cap. I've never worn one in my life, but you all have them in pictures, so it seems like a good idea. The bright pink will keep me from getting manatee chopped by boats, right?
Overall, I'm keeping my expectations very low for Saturday. My goal is honestly just to finish in once piece. I've heard this course is plenty twisty and turny, and that sounds like the perfect recipe for a serious rookie crash. I'm already calling it Tri-oller Derby and apologizing to everyone I see before the race. It's like the entire first year I drove a Nissan Sentra stick shift when I was 16. It's best to stay out of my way.

41 comments:
You will totally rock Saturday, I am sure. With the gear you bought, you cannot go wrong.
Great job on the retail therapy. It's the best kind of therapy there is.
I look forward to the report!
Good luck on Saturday. Can't wait to hear all about it. And yes, looking good is very important.
manatee chopped, lol! looks like a great session of retail therapy. i'm especially glad you got a real water bottle.
you will kill it saturday! good luck and have fun!
Oh, glad you decided to get tri shorts! That will make things much easier as you won't have to be putting on or taking off bike shorts, etc.
I have a lot of hair and have to wear a low ponytail/bun to get it to fit while wearing the bike helmet. And the race will usually provide you with a swim cap but it's good to have your own so you can practice putting it on and swimming with your head squished. You know you'll have to sight as well during the swim, right?
I recently bought the same swim cap except mine is blue. I use it for the first time today. So not looking forward to it.
Good luck on the tri!
The hair: do it in the way that will keep it the most low maintenance throughout the race. You're going to go from swim cap to bike helmet, and then to either hat or nothing - you just want to make sure you don't have to fuss with it.
Love the outfit - good luck!
Well you are going to look good during the race!! You'll be great too, I love Pearl Izumi stuff. As for the hair find a style that you won't have to play around with during the race.
Best of luck. Can't wait to read all about it.
I am very excited for you. I do want to know how it goes since I am going into that direction as well. It is critical for me to see how your first Tri goes so that I can learn something from you. I wish you all the best. GOOD LUCK and mostly, HAVE FUN!!! I cannot wait to read your post race report soon. Have a blast !
Excitement abounds - You will do well!
Not that it should matter, but since I am an expert in all things pony tail, let me just say that perception wise, high pony tail = high bimbosity quotient.
You will do awesome!!! I can't wait to hear about it and see pics! You are my inspiration to push farther! :-)
Aaaah- so exciting! I can promise you that you'll do a LOT better than you think you will! And what a sexy hottt tri suit :)
your outfit looks awesome!! The race organizers should give you a swim cap based on your wave/color - but bring the pink one, just in case.
Good luck! Cant wait to hear abou it!
Soooo exciting!!! Cannot WAIT to read all about it :D
you're going to look precious.
Now go kick some tri-ass!
what makes a tri-shirt a tri-shirt???? super cute outfit. oh my a speedo cap.. how the h eck do you get into that?? good luck!!!!!!!!!! you're going to do great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your post was cracking me up! Can't wait to read the recap, I bet you're going to do great!
I think you'll do awesome, and make sure that you get tons of pics!
Good luck. You'll do great. And you're obviously going to looks super sporty and gorgeous!!
Glad you decided to get tri shorts... GOOD LUCK tomorrow, you'll do great, and can't wait to read your report. Only 3 weeks till mine! :D
Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you're gonna do great, and won't injure anybody.
I have never done a tri, but the gear looks fun.
I have to say that's the thing I envy about you the most - your ability to swiftly fill all of your wardrobe needs with all kinds of fine garb. I look a bit more like a Walmart ad now that I'm on baby budget. *sigh* Anywho, you will do great this weekend I'm sure. Good luck!
cool! i'm doing a tri sunday so i hope you have time to post a race report saturday night for inspiration!! or at least a good laugh so i stop being nervous!
you're going to rock and look good doing it too! Retail therapy is the best kind of therapy. I look forward to the report! Take a lot of pics :)
Good luck, sister!
"Pop"?
ZOMG, you really are from Nebraska with that corn-fed lingo of yours, aren't you?
Hahahahahaha!
hahaha too funny. best of luck again. excited for the report. :)
The pink swim cap is hot!! You're going to do great.
under promise over deliver that's what we say around my office!
hi! i read your whole post, but not the comments, so i bet some people chimed these in, but if not- good advice!
1) they will probably give you a swim cap
2) low ponytail or braids (i vote braids). if you have a high one, you can't get your helmet on!
3) bangs- i have them too. you can wear a headbancd (thrown on under your helmet), a visor on the run, or just use bobbypins.
also- i like to wear sunglasses on the bike and run. put them sitting in your helmet if you want to wear them
if you need any other first time advice or have a q- email me- bethgerdes1 at gmail.com
You'll definitely look the part!! (I think...I'm not into the whole tri thing...yet.)
Good luckkkk!
Good luck. Don't mash your brains in a wicked fall. I hear you can make up tons of time on the run ...
Cheers!
You will rock it! I can't wait to see the results, and at least one thing is for sure... you will look cute! :)
Well, it sounds like you're all set!
Good luck and HAVE FUN!
Good choice on the apparel. Very good!
They'll probably give you a swim cap to wear according to your wave. If you bought a nice silicone swim cap i awlays wear the nasty latex one over it for comfort and ease taking off.
Your going to do awesome girl. Cant wait for the CRASH-FREE details.
GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!! You will do great! That swim cap is super cute!
WOohoo youll be great, or atleast have a great story to tell :)
Good luck, good luck, good luck!
The outfit looks GREAT!
Have fun!!
I just shove a hat on my head for the run and don't worry about my hair. But it's not long enough for braids or whatever.
Girl, you seriously crack me up! LOVE the outfit, though. I'm betting you're done by now . . . so I hope it was a good time! I'm sure you'll have an awesomely entertaining story to tell about it!
I love the outfit! loookin gooooddddd
i love the colors in the top. looking forward to the recap!!
So, I know I'm waaaayy behind on this, but I LOVE that you called it pop. I grew up in IA but am now in AZ and everyone is soda this and soda that. blah.
Oh, good luck (or rather, hope it was fun!)
Post a Comment