Thanks to the glorious Atlinks suggestion, I was able to waste half my work day doing a little research. Of the 8 of us going, 1 is tons faster than me, 1 is a little faster than me, and the others are mostly new runners. Should be an interesting day. I wish I was in a little better race shape, but the competitor in me is coming out. Screw running this for fun, it's on ladies!
Also the hilarious, adorable, lunch box queen MicaPie tagged me. Thanks, lady!
Post a picture of/tell us a little about where you blog.
90% of the time I'm at my desk (Employee of the Month, here I come!)
What are you wearing right now?
Kiewit Middle School wrestling t-shirt from the lost and found and yoga pants.
Kiewit Middle School wrestling t-shirt from the lost and found and yoga pants.
What’s the last thing you read/what are you currently reading?
Tipping Point and (more accurately) US Weekly
Tipping Point and (more accurately) US Weekly
Do you nap a lot?
Oh, I am a napping champion. Any place, any time.
Oh, I am a napping champion. Any place, any time.
Who was the last person you hugged?
The Husband as a thank you for making dinner.
The Husband as a thank you for making dinner.
What’s your current obsession/addiction?
Jewelry from Etsy. Seriously, someone needs to take away my PayPal account.
Jewelry from Etsy. Seriously, someone needs to take away my PayPal account.
What (was) for dinner?
Grilled salmon, grilled sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli, and milk. (It makes up for the damage done by the husband this weekend when he was in charge of food. Five words: mac and cheese with bacon!)
Grilled salmon, grilled sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli, and milk. (It makes up for the damage done by the husband this weekend when he was in charge of food. Five words: mac and cheese with bacon!)
What was the last thing you bought?
This dress from J.Crew. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it though since those already polled seem quite mixed. I like the top, but I like it much better short. Add in the fact that I really have no place to wear such dress, and it may get returned.
This dress from J.Crew. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it though since those already polled seem quite mixed. I like the top, but I like it much better short. Add in the fact that I really have no place to wear such dress, and it may get returned.
What are you listening to right now?
College Softball World Series.
College Softball World Series.
If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
Invisibility
Invisibility
What is your favorite kind of weather and why?
Saturday mornings in the summer when it's sunny and warm, but not hot yet.
What time do you usually wake up?
7:30 during the week and 11-12 on the weekends. (I'm going to make the best parent ever.)
7:30 during the week and 11-12 on the weekends. (I'm going to make the best parent ever.)
What is your most challenging goal right now?
Keeping my life organized and clean.
Keeping my life organized and clean.
Favorite pair of shoes you keep going back to over and over again even though you have a zillion others?
These wedge espadrilles I bought 5 years ago that I can't give up. They are trashed, but I loooove them. Judge if you want, but they don't look nearly as bad when my feet are in them.
These wedge espadrilles I bought 5 years ago that I can't give up. They are trashed, but I loooove them. Judge if you want, but they don't look nearly as bad when my feet are in them.
Name one thing you can’t live without.
Bananas.
Bananas.
What time is bedtime?
Between 12:30-1:00. No wonder I nap all the time. I'm like a little kid the way I fight going to bed.
Between 12:30-1:00. No wonder I nap all the time. I'm like a little kid the way I fight going to bed.
If there was one place you could be right now, where would it be?
Hawaii! Stop posting pictures of paradise, people!
Hawaii! Stop posting pictures of paradise, people!
I tag everyone who need something to write about.
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! Can't wait to read reports on Monday.

32 comments:
Have a great Dam to Dam race. If it anything like the NL equivalent (with the exact same name), it should be good fun.
Tipping Point is an entertaining book.
Ooooh, love me some salmon. Yum!
Good luck running your competition into the ground.
Good luck with the race! I definitely stalk previous years' race results to see what I may be up against during races.
We have similar sleeping habits...I LOVE sleeping in on days off!
Kiewit and the Women's CWS? Oh, the pieces are falling into place.
Whatever *that* means.
Good luck, XC2!! You're gonna do great. Go kick some dam ass! :)
I love Hawaii, Maui is my favorite. The J. Crew dress is wicked cute.
Good luck and have fun at Dam to Dam! I'm sure you'll do great!
Love your list and I definitely think you should keep the dress. you never know! Plus I am totally with you on the sleeping habits :)
one of the best taggy things ever.
LOVE the dress - keep it!
Good luck on the race!
Gotta say, I loved the tag answers.. I'm with you.. Employee of the month, best parent ever.. I have a very similar schedule. :)
Good luck with Dam to Dam. It will be Dam-tastic, I'm sure of it!
Good luck this weekend - hope you have a great time!
Your dinner sounds delicious! My husband was in charge last night, so it was hot dogs on the grill for me. :)
Wow those shoes!! Your lost and found tshirt with those shoes must be quite the outfit :). Great answers. Good luck. I like the dress shorter too.
yeah for race excitment! hope Dam to Dam is great as I may consider it for next year!! I hope SD is great for me cause...well I want it to be!
seriously those shoes are ridic..but funny and I've totally done the same thing
Good luck this weekend in your race! Can't wait to hear the race report!
Tear it up at the race - sounds like you will! I like that JCrew dress - the short version has a longer shelf-life - but I'm like you - unless its on major sale I have to have more than one place to wear it in mind or it sits in closet.
Ahh those shoes!! haha, you got your moneys worth out of those...don't worry, I wear the same damn things every day.
Good luck at Dam to Dam!!! You're going to rock it! Maybe look for the runner who is a little faster than you as motivation?
Love the little tidbits!
Good luck this weekend. ROCK IT, GIRL! Channel those nerves and jitters into speedy feet!
You can put bacon in mac and cheese? I think you just changed my world.
Good luck on the race!
Good luck, sister!
Said it before and now I'll say it again:
You skirts and your shoes! Man, what is up with that?
Have a great dam race. :)
i love your survey!!!! good luck this weekend! and= BANANAS!!! looooove. hehe.
Enjoy the race!
Love the fun tidbits. I like the short dress on you. LOL on those espadrilles...now I don't feel too bad about my torn and gaping shoes.
Destroy them, Destroy them all!! I mean, you know, have fun and everything.
Mac & cheese w/bacon, oh yum!
GOOD LUCK this weekend! Have fun!
good luck this weekend! that is a healthy dinner! I like that dress, don't you hate it when you can't think of where to wear it to?
I think I'd give you a good fight with the napping!! I love my naps, just woke up from one!
Good luck this wknd!!
Good luck in the race! I love the competitive spirit! I was going to run my race yesterday at a easier pace but then once I got in the race I wanted to run fast with everyone else and not let ppl pass me!!
Are you a softball fan? Go U-Dub (Washington)!!
You go to bed so late. How do you function during the day?
I love that the competitor in you is coming out! I used to be the SAME way in high school. My coach would scout all the competitors so i knew how the race would go. Needless to say, now i just see how many people are going to beat me. Oye post hs running! :-/
GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND! KICK BUTT!
Good luck on todays race!
And I think the J.Crew dress is cute. I'd keep it.
hope the race went well! (sorry, i'm wayy behind!) the dress is way cute - i'd keep it to wear just in general in the summer. i think i've reached the phase in life where a nice breezy dress is more comfortable than shorts/capris in the hot summer.
Post a Comment