Monday, April 13, 2009

Victory squared

Victory #1

Steve in Speedo posted pics from his recent NOLA Ironman 70.3 race (congrats!) and included a few of this fine piece of Chris McCormack eye candy. I'll let you marinate on those abs for a minute. Go ahead, I can wait.
What really made my day were his shoes. Did you see those? Under Armor running shoes!

I too wear Under Armor shoes! We're shoe twins! That seals the deal. If Under Armor shoes are good enough for an Ironman champ, they're good enough for me.

(And to those that asked about the recovery socks, I got them here: Recovery Sock. There were $29.90, and I love them. [Now- Recovery Sock people, hook me up for the endorsement! I want a pink pair, please.])

Victory #2

This humiliation contest has become fish in a barrel. While I kicked out 42 miles last week and Xenia is successfully running around the streets of Europe (wearing free swag no less), RazZ is failing all over Nebraska.

Do you need a little pick-me-up this week? How many times did you run? If it was more than once, congrats, you beat RazZ! Feel free to mosey on over there and tell him how much he sucks. Don't feel bad about being mean either. I've insulted just about everything except his mama. (She posts comments from time to time, and she's pretty damn cool.)

So for another week: girls rule, boys drool, and we never wanted your rib in the first place!

41 comments:

Kelly said...

Okay I'm not involved in this whole contest thing. But it's a riot. Ha! And I think recovery sock people totally need to hook you up. And you and shoe twin are SO meant to be. He can be on your list. I okay it.

SuperDave said...

I've got a buy 1 get the 2nd half off on those same socks.
Since I have 2 broken ribs, I wouldn't give you mine anyways..
;)

The Laminator said...

On man...I think we need to find a substitute to represent our species than poor Razz!

Michelle Simmons said...

Now you've got total validation to wear those shoes! But no excuses... ;)

ShirleyPerly said...

You crack me up! Shoe twins with Macca, I love it!!

C said...

I don't know how successfully I've been running lately, but everything you said about Razz is completely true and I support it wholeheartedly.

Girls most definitely rule! :)

Anonymous said...

It seems like UA is making a big push with all their new items. I haven't really looked at their sneakers, but I enjoy their clothes.

Abby said...

I'm so impressed that you noticed what shoes he was wearing!

Way to go on beating the pants off the boy :)

joyRuN said...

I want to try these socks, but if they're just like the compression socks I get at work, I'll be pi$$ed!

I agree with Lam - the dudes need to find a new rep. I volunteer GP. Maybe that'll get him off his Morrissey.

Marcy said...

OK am I the only perv that just went straight to the bulge in pants?

Denise said...

My legs are sore from my run last night. I think it's time for a pair of those socks!

Marlene said...

LOL, great post! Way to rock the mileage last week!

Jess said...

Peeing standing up be damned! Girls clearly rule.

Jess said...

Haha duh girls obviously rule!

raulgonemobile said...

LOL.. you're really bringin' it in this contest. Cracks me up

RunToTheFinish said...

woot woot, look out for this girl she is on a mission!

Shannon said...

Very sassy post my dear!

Go get them ladies....

No Longer Using said...

you are i think the cutest person i don't actually know!!!!!!!! hehe. :) I NEED those socks!! :) are there "usage" guidelines? i know you sort of "earn" them with long runs. and i am totally curious about ua sneakers!

J said...

Seriously I just giggled the whole way reading this post!! It definitely put a smile on my face and that is just what I needed! Thanks!

Alisa said...

Wow, talk about rivalry!

Those socks are pretty hot =). Let me know when they come in pink and maybe I'll try a pair =).

Nitmos said...

Every time a woman beats a man at something, I get a weird pain in my ribs. Now I know why.

We are in agreement on one thing: RazZ does suck.

Anonymous said...

Nice legs! I always feel HOT in my compression socks. And yes (HINT HINT Recovery Sock) I think pink would look even better. :)

Razz said...

Whatever. At least I can differentiate between Eastern Time and Central Time (hint-subtract by one). That and I can pee standing up.

I've still got a lot going for me. Suckhole.

Jamie said...

If only Recovery Sock could hook both of us up!

I'm laughing at Marcy right now b/c I'm the other perv who went straight for the bulge. Didn't even notice the shoes until you mentioned it :)

Ace said...

The entire gender of manliness has been let down. Defeat is imminent. Bow down to our amazon masters. :) Get running raz!

Tammy said...

Yay shoe twins!

And girls most definitely rule. Men are whiny.

B. Kramer said...

For future reference, I am not in any way, shape or form part of this little blog contest. You ladies can beat the snot out of Razz all you want. Just don't lump me in with his unaccomplishments.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

fine piece of Chris McCormack eye candy. I'll let you marinate on those absO, num num, droooooooolll ...

O, wait, I just remembered.

I'm not gay. And this guy just failed to recruit me.

Adding: So who's Chris McCormack when he's at home?

BeachRunner said...

I rule.

M2Marathon said...

I'm the third perv that went straight at the bulge...and there is no doubt in my mind that the chicks are going to win that (or any) contest. Men may win the battle sometimes, but we always win the war. Just ask any husband. Now that I am into double digit long runs, I may be able to justify $30 for a pair of socks....I may need to pretend they are pants, without the butt coverage and waistband to convince myself, tho...

Nicole said...

I LOVE the shoes! Soo cute! Do they have em in pink? I'll take a pair please. Oh and the socks... Those too. :) Happy Tuesday!

Nicole said...

P.S.
I'm adding you to my blogroll-- your funny! :)

Lindsay said...

lol about the contest and rib comment! hilarious.

recovery sock people - hook this girl up!!!

Christy said...

So, you won't believe me when I say this, but I swear it's true.

I read through Steve's blog, noticed Macca's running shoes and thought to myself, "Hey! Those look like XC2's new pink shoes!"

Seriously. I'm a shoe person, what can i say?

Mel-2nd Chances said...

good to know that the UA shoes seem to be Ironman approved! And yes, I agree, you should get a pink pair :)

Felice Devine said...

Ya ya! Love that last line!

Aron said...

YAY recovery socks! I want a hook up too from my sock post. I wish mine came in pink, maybe I need to switch brands :)

Brian said...

Does this mean your doing an Ironman soon?! Haha

I Run for Fun said...

Too funny! Your contest is interesting! I love the insulting bit.

UnderArmor shoes! Is he wearing hot pink too?

Marathon Maritza said...

Hahaha girls do rule!

First of all, I heart your pink under armor shoes!!!!!!!! I wish I could run in them but sadly, they were not meant for my feet.

Second, everyone is on this recovery socks train! Must join in! I'm such a follower!!!!

Third, yum, thanks for the eye candy!

Amy said...

Hilarious!