Sunday, August 16, 2009

GIVEAWAY!

That's right. A giveaway. Don't say I never did anything for you.
As I've mentioned plenty of times, I love buying workout stuff. Any kind of stuff. Clothes, accessories, equipments. All of it. Dick's Sporting Goods is great for this since there's a location right by my work. I've killed many a lunch hour combing through the sale rack looking for clothes. Good times.

Anyway, Dick's is offering one of YOU, my lovely readers, a $100 gift certificate!

Rules of engagement:

1. Follow
@dickssportcmo on Twitter

2. Leave a comment with an answer to the question "What would you buy at Dick's with $100 and why?"

3. Bonus entry: link back to here from you blog

For me, I want these. 129 days, 1 hour, 46 minutes until Christmas. Just sayin'.

In other news, I had a fantastic weekend. Full report on my first OWS and Corporate Cycling Challenge coming soon.

65 comments:

Katie said...

Running gear! I have no winter running gear :'( And my sports bra are far too big

Unknown said...

running capris - that's what I need!

Melissa Marie Head said...

Can't wait to hear what you thought of the Corporate cycling challenge - I loved it. A nice easy ride.

That is crazy small world that you know or recognize a lot of the people in my photos from the USACE dinner! Are you an engineer? I was at a SAME deal a few weeks back at the Doubletree actually.

Kathleen said...

Duh, running gear; but specifically SPORT BRAS!!!!!!!!

Wes said...

I have not succumbed to the tweet yet :-) I lurve the Livestrong stuff at Dick's though...

Anonymous said...

Wow Dick's is awesome- you are the third blogger to do this giveaway!! While I could use this so badly, I can't bring myself to twitter :(

RunnerGirl said...

A girl can never have too much running gear - great giveaway!

Niki said...

Yay! Great giveaway! Those sunglasses are rockin!! I would like to buy new running gear and not just the stuff on sale!! Haha

Jen Feeny said...

I don't Twitter, but I would love to go spend the h*ll outta $100 at Dicks... running gear anyone?

Can't wait for the recap, I'm sure you rocked it!

Marlene said...

I'm already following Dick's!

Count me in if it's applicable for Canadians...

I need new running shorts SO BAD so I'd be all over that.

Can't wait to hear about your weekend.

Katie A. said...

As I am sure everyone will say...I totally need more running clothes. A girl can never have too many!
I really need some more Nike wicking shirts and some new shorts...it is amazing how fast your running clothes can wear out!
Happy Monday! :)

Nitmos said...

I would want to buy someone those awesome looking sunglasses. And then give them to "someone".

Do I win?

Amy said...

I would buy a new Nike sports bra. I keep washing the same three over and over...I desperately need some new sports bras!

ShutUpandRun said...

YES! This is the giveaway I've been waiting for. I love me some dicks (that's not what it sounds like). I am gearing up for cold weather running here in CO so would definitely get some new tights and layers. And socks. And if they sell depends I will get some of those too. :)

ShoreTurtle said...

My sunglasses snapped during my 20 miler yesterday. I'd like get some Rooly Prospect Sunglasses.

Jeri said...

Sweet giveaway! I'm following him on Twitter, and will link back to your blog when I post later today (this evening?) I desperately need some cold weather gear since I always take a running hiatus b/c I'm a WUSS, but I'm determined to run through the cold midwest winter this year to train for my first full marathon. WHOO!!

Felice Devine said...

I'm following on twitter.
I would buy a new pair of Brooks b/c mine are creeping up on 300 miles.

Great giveaway!!!

RunToTheFinish said...

ohh lala seriously I am thinking a bosu ball would be the perfect addition to my growing workout family

Denise said...

Funny you posted a pic of sunglasses. they are next on my list of running needs. So that's what I'd use the money for!

Mark said...

Oh boy...I just popped my Twitter cherry...how exciting!

Jamie said...

As much as I looooooove shopping and could stock up on some new shoes or sports bras I refuse to succumb to twitter!

Georgia Snail said...

tweet tweet my way to a heart rate monitor!!!

Jess said...

Does Dicks have an online store? We don't have that chain here.

Anonymous said...

Sweet sunglasses! I would buy Matt a new pair of running sneakers. His are old but he refuses to spen money on a new pair!

Can't wait to read about how the OWS went and the ride.

Anonymous said...

Buying sporting goods is the best.
Sorry to not be able to shop at Dick's - due to geographical challenges.

The shades look good!

RunningLaur said...

I've been doing this on twitter and saying that I want another pair of spandex shorts (my long run requirement).

I think I'd put some of the $$ towards getting the fiance something running related too - he needs some more motivation in marathon training - as if trying to not DIE Oct 25th isn't motivation enough....

RunningLaur said...

Oh, and you're linked back :)

Questionably Texan said...

I would definitely get some winter running gear. I own running gloves by Brooks, but nothing else to keep me warm in the midwestern winter. More than anything, I'm looking for some pants (maybe even running tights, gasp!) to keep my legs warm.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Don't say I never did anything for you.

You never did anything for me.

Hahahaha! That'll learn ya not to tell ME what I can't say! Because I'm perverse like that.

Chic Runner said...

I would get new running shoes, because mine seem to have screwed my feet up beyond belief. Thanks nice new nikes. UGH. ha ha check back at my site tomorrow... perhaps you can enter :)

Croughwell said...

I follow @dickssportcmo.

Croughwell said...

I would buy FINIS Electronic Lap Track

Nicole said...

If i were to win $100, i would buy new running shorts & running shoes-- basically anything running related! :)

those glasses are SICK! :)

RoadBunner said...

I would get a pair of lightweight running shoes to see if I could eek another second or two off my half marathon time :)

I Run for Fun said...

Great giveaway!!! Now I have to figure out how to Twitter.

ym said...

I can't wait to hear about your cycling challenge! I love how you're embracing cycling so much, great stuff. My initial thought about what I would want with $100 at Dick's was something along the lines of sports bras and shorts, but once I saw those sunglasses I was immediately on a different track. Those are beauties.

Unknown said...

Probably a slim winter jacket. Dick's has a lot of good North Face and other brands.

Becca Scheuer said...

I'd love to get some lightweight running shorts so I can bear the heat of North Carolina when I go back to school. I'd also get a bit of workout equipment I could stash under my bed so I could do some in-room workouts. Thanks for the giveaway!

Unknown said...

I'd get some new running and bball shoes

Unknown said...

I'd get some new running and bball shoes.

kristen said...

I need some new cycling gear for my winter base training. Bring on triathlon season next year!

Cassie Wallace said...

I'd get lots of running shorts.. I love the Nike Tempo.

James said...

I'd love new running shoes or a new swimsuit. I need to get back into shape!

Kac said...

Hands-down, I would buy some yoga hear. I am in direeee need of this stuff!!

Thanks :)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I dont tweet, sorry, too many other addictions. I need a new sporty light weight jacket for running and for everyday wear. Dick's has a few that are too cute!!

I will link back...hopefully on my post this afternoon.. Will come back and give you the link.

Great contest!

Aron said...

love all these giveaways :) i hope i can win one of them!!!

SHOES!!! need running shoes always :)

Mushi said...

I need new running shoes and a new bra while we're at it!

J said...

Those sunglasses are pretty sweet! I have never thought about running in sunglasses or even a hat. Might be a fun option!

Lindsay said...

those are sweet sunglasses!

i want and need more running tops! i have like 3 "real" ones. haha. cotton t's and wife beaters just aren't as luxurious in this summer heat!

M2Marathon said...

I would buy: A bike! You have convinced me to train for a tri! Sike, no way, still not going there...

I would really buy:
1-a new sports bra, an Under Armour one because I can't bring myself to spend $50 on one single bra yet I am tired of the Target ones shrinking/stretching.

2-A size 3 soccer ball, cleats and shin guards for Shortie2, who starts Cubbies soccer next month and it would be much more enjoyable to spend free money on that than my own money. :-)

Unknown said...

I still want running shoes, ha im not buying them til this contest is over

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Ok linked on my post this morning..

http://tallmomontherun.blogspot.com/2009/08/easy-being-green.html

Unknown said...

I;ll take a pair of running shoes!

No Longer Using said...

i am following dicks sporting goods!!

and i would get running clothes! outer layers for the looming fall and winter,... ah!!

Jess said...

I'd buy some long sleeve tech tees for the fall. Plus I'm following on Twitter!

Questionably Texan said...

I linked back to your blog for my bonus entry. The post is here.

Kelly said...

I would buy anything on sale...I'm such a cheapskate. I don't have twitter, so I'll just mention the contest on one of my posts. Will that do for an entry? :D

EricaH said...

i follow Dick's on twitter

@erica_h

erica_haggins@hotmail.com

EricaH said...

i would get swim vest for my daughters, weight lifting gloves for my husband and some kind of running gear for myself.

erica_haggins@hotmail.com

also I have a Lift Your Sole giveaway going on if your interested in checking it out.

http://ericarunning.blogspot.com

EricaH said...

i linked back

http://www.ericarunning.com/2009/08/great-giveaways-this-week-814_14.html

erica_haggins@hotmail.com

Michelle said...

Thanks for the giveaway! New Zumba clothes would be awesome!

N.D. said...

I want some new shirts, mine are too short from baby! I am following on twitter, how do I show you? I'm tosha25italia.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I want some work out clothes! Thanks for this great giveaway!

Unknown said...

I'm thinking of picking up yoga, so probably some yoga pants and a mat.

Steph said...

I'd get a Pittsburgh Penguins jersey to gear up for the new season!