(First, thanks to everyone for reading and commenting. This blogging thing is fun!) Work is killing me this week. Killing me. I'm stuck doing a task left by a departed coworker that I neither have nor wish to acquire any business doing. Needless to say, it'll be mostly early mornings and late evenings until Saturday. I did take a stand around 4:30 that I needed to burn off some energy and go run. Packed my computer up, threw on my jacket, and made it home to get in a quick 7 miles before the sun finally set. Ahhhh, just what I needed. Lest this become a total whine-fest, there is a sliver lining to this work business. My Fortress of Solitude. (And no, we don't normally call it that. It was just to up the interest of the story.) The Husband and I got married in November 2004. We also built and moved into a house that very same week. (Do not recommend.) For the first year of our marriage, one of our guest bedrooms was known as "The Wedding Room". Basically all the fancy china and odd gifts were stacked neatly in the middle of the stark white room. As our first anniversary (and the start of grad school) approached, I noticed a post-it note on the door that said: Do not enter until November 20th! I could smell the paint and hear the commotion, but I had no idea what he was up to. Once the big day arrived, in awesome Trading Spaces fashion, he led me into the room blindfolded for his best Paige Davis big reveal. TA-DA!
He's a big fan of movies, so that's the theme of the room. He painted the walls black(!), had his mom sew the curtains, and got frames for mini-movie posters of our favorites. Just cleaning up the gifts would have been gift enough, but I couldn't believe he went to all that trouble. He even bought a stapler! It totally blew away the football tickets I got him, by the way.
I spent countless hours in this room during school, and I kind of miss it. He'd come visit every hour on the hour to refill my water or bring me grapes. (Yeah, he's just that wonderful.) So even though crappy work is testing my sanity this week, I at least have a great room to do it in.
Oh, and the little space heater on the floor is getting worked tonight. It's about 85 degrees in here now and I loooove it.
He's a big fan of movies, so that's the theme of the room. He painted the walls black(!), had his mom sew the curtains, and got frames for mini-movie posters of our favorites. Just cleaning up the gifts would have been gift enough, but I couldn't believe he went to all that trouble. He even bought a stapler! It totally blew away the football tickets I got him, by the way.
I spent countless hours in this room during school, and I kind of miss it. He'd come visit every hour on the hour to refill my water or bring me grapes. (Yeah, he's just that wonderful.) So even though crappy work is testing my sanity this week, I at least have a great room to do it in.
Oh, and the little space heater on the floor is getting worked tonight. It's about 85 degrees in here now and I loooove it.






4 comments:
Glad you got your run in.
Thanks for stopping by my marathon report. I'll be looking forward to reading yours in a few weeks.
Sorry work is sucking, but good for you for getting in a run. I love how it can be a stress-reliever, and also something that's good for my body (plus it gets checked off the "to do" list)- it's a win-win!
That is so cool that your husband surprised you like that. He has great decorator taste. Sounds like a keeper. = )
Hola! Who would've known black walls could be so inviting? The pink curtains were a nice touch. :)
What a gorgeous and sophisticated room! I love it.
Post a Comment