Thursday, October 6, 2011

Race (and other) pics

Race pics.  My favorite part!
It turns out, I was dressed perfect for the weather.  I was fearful the sleeves were going to be too much once the sun came out, but after I was terribly under-dressed in all my KC pictures, I wasn't going to risk it.  (The compression socks were for warmth.  I certainly don't think I need them for function during the race.)

This may be my new favorite race picture.
Bwahaha.  How dramatic is that?  You'd think it was the last few steps of a 16 hour Ironman.  Nope, just my exhausted ass trying to get a damn PR.   

Enough unflattering picture of me, how about my sporty children?  Can someone give these kids a shoe deal already?  They're Zoot-ed up and ready to go.
Come on, you know you'd buy whatever they were selling, right? 

9 comments:

J said...

Very nice! I usually look like complete death in 90% of all my race photos. Those photographers really have a talent for finding the worst possible angles and then posting those pictures!

cherelli said...

Nice pics! I'm with J, those photogs are trained to take the worst angles/moments, I would love to have a "chrissie Wellington" photo one day (but then I guess I should smile more :) ) Thanks for stopping by...

Melissa Marie Head said...

I always look ridic in the pictures as well. Did you get your PR??

B.o.B. said...

aw they look super cute! and i love the drama of your second photo. you should totally say you won the whole race. you did right? lol

fancy nancy said...

That's effort right there!!! Your boys are precious!

Jess said...

At least you look dedicated! I just always look confused.

Caleb has the same shirt as the one in the last pic. Ahh, Carter's, how I love thee!

RoadBunner said...

Here's a slightly belated congratulations on your half PR!! Great job!

RunToTheFinish said...

great pictures, they totally tell the story of a hard fought race...and your little men are too cute

Mark said...

lol...looks like someone just kicked you in the crotch in that second pic!