Thursday, November 12, 2009

Turning 30

So today is my birthday.

Today I turn 30.

POOF! CONFETTI CANNON! YAAAAAY!!


Right now I am curled up happily on the couch with...

...a tummy full of Mexican food.

...two bouquets of flowers delivered to me on my kitchen table.

...my Recovery Socks on after a fantastic speed workout with running group.

...a kitchen full of fun-fetti cake AND pumpkin TCBY. (You wouldn't think these would be tasty together. You would be wrong.)

...a DVR packed with dancing reality shows waiting to be watched.

...an IN box, voice mail, and letter holder stuffed with birthday wishes, cards, and love from all the wonderful friends and family in my life.

Not sure what I expected, but turning 30 has been a pretty damn good day. I may just go ahead and do this every year from here on out.

77 comments:

BrianFlash said...

Happy B-Day!

I'm all about age = attitude. I feel just as happy now as I did twenty years ago. I've never let the birthdays get me down - sounds like you've got the right attitude too.

Melissa Marie Head said...

Happy 30th!! Enjoy every minute of it. I would have never guessed you were 30 by the way.

Erika said...

Happy birthday! The 30s are an awesome decade.

MCM Mama

Maggs said...

Happy 30th! It's a great decade! Rock it.

Felice Devine said...

Happy birthday!!!

Welcome to the 30s!!! They're great :-)

Steel Springs said...

Happy Birthday!

ym said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a a great day, and it's just the start to a great year.

That Pink Girl said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!!! Whoo hoo to 30!

Niki said...

Happy Birthday girl! Glad you had a wonderful day!!

beth said...

Dude- you are OLD. i'm like almost 3 months younger than you.

have a fabulous evening. oh,and i cannot think of a better sounding combo that funfetti cake and pumpkin fro yo.
except maybe add some carrot cake in there too.

teacherwoman said...

Happy Birthday! :)

I Run for Fun said...

Happy birthday! Welcome to the 30's. It's all fun from here on...never mind what anyone else tells you. And you've had the best start to a great decade.

Alisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

Sounds like you had a great day. Enjoy the flowers and tummy full of mexican food.

ShirleyPerly said...

Happy Birthday, fellow Scorpio!!

You don't look a day over 25 to me. Must be the Japanese in you :-)

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday girl!!!!! :)

Sounds like you had a fantastic day!!!!! :) :)

Unknown said...

Good news...IT ONLY GETS BETTER!! It's true! Happy Day to you!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Happy 30th!!! So far I'm enjoying my 30's a whole lot more than my 20's, hope it's the same for yoU!!

Ace said...

Happy Birthday! And welcome to a new Race Age Group that you can now dominate!

Susan said...

I would never have guessed that you were going to be thirty soon! Crazy!

Happy birthday...sounds like a great one! Maybe you should repeat it every weekend or something...why wait for another year to roll around??

Razz said...

If you're buying that "30 is the new 20" load o' crap, I have news for ya.

Happy 30th. Oh look...your age and my age now start with the same number!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Welcome to the Club pretty girl!!

Happy Birthday to you..

Happy Birthday to you...

Happy Birthday dear adorable Blogger friend...

Happy Birthday to you :)

BIG BIG Virtual hugs..

Jamie said...

30 is pretty damn good! happy birthday!!!

Rookie on the Run said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you are having an awesome day! You make turning thirty sound pretty darn fun... I may have to try it sometime (I've been 29 for ten years)!

kristen said...

Happy 30th. Now you can turn your nose up at all those 20-somethings:) teasing. (but not really).

Anonymous said...

30 is a milestone- YEAH!!!!

Happy Birthday :)

Questionably Texan said...

Happy 30th Birthday!!!

C said...

Happy birthday and welcome to thirty! Guess you're gonna have to change your 'About Me' section on your blog now, huh? :)

J said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like you had a great 30th! I hope mine is as much fun as your sounds! Enjoy the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! You are going to have a great year!

Mike said...

Happy belated Birthday! My bday is on Sunday! :)

ShoreTurtle said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the club!

Abby said...

Happy birthday!

Sounds like you're celebrating well :)

RunToTheFinish said...

wohhooooo hhhapppy birthday!!

Shannon said...

I'm the 35th comment.....the 30's have been the best thus far. Get ready....fun fun fun!

Happy Birthday Button Cute Girl!

Mica said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great start to your 30's!

Mark said...

Happy birthday, kiddo. Well, maybe kiddo isn't appropriate anymore :) Enjoy that great birthday fun before the reality sets in. That's right...you're old. But I'm on a mission to make my 30's some of the best years of my life...it's possible!

Kathleen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)
Fun-fetti cake is the BESTTT!!!

Jen Feeny said...

Awww Happy Birthday girl!!! Sounds like a perfect day! Enjoy!

RunningLaur said...

Happy birthday!!!

My present is to virtually sweep all of your virtual celebration confetti - no cleaning for you!

Jeri said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Sounds like a perfect way to spend the day, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Kelly said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Amber said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

All those things you listed sound PERFECT :)

Marlene said...

ACK, I'm a day late but HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you. Sounds like a perfect day.

P.S. you get to extend the Birthday celebrations ALLLL weekend, just so ya know. ;)

Jess said...

Happpppy birthday girly! Hope you had an awesome birthday!

Katie A. said...

Happy Birthday!!!! You have given me a more positive attitude when I turn 30 in January. You are a rockstar girly! Enjoy it!!! :)

Stuart said...

Awesome, happy birthday!

And welcome to a new age group!

Denise said...

Have a great day!! Happy Birthday!

SDrunner said...

Happy 30th Birthday!!!

Clare said...

i love my 30s WAY WAY WAY more than my 20s. happy birthday!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to a few months of thinking "WTF, I'm 30?"

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a good one. I turn 30 in March. You sound like my wife but I am not looking forward to it!

I've got a giveaway going on at my blog for a $25 gift card to Running Warehouse. Today is the last day so stop by and check it out @ www.trithedream.com

B. Kramer said...

Welcome to the new age group. It's a fast one. Good luck keeping up. Happy Birthday. You'd better make it a hell of a weekend. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I need me a confetti cannon. Oh yeah, Happy Birthday.

Aron said...

happpppppy birthday!!!!!! hope its the best one yet!

and funfetti? BEST cake ever!

Runner Leana said...

Happy 30th!!!!!

Jess said...

Happy b-day! Belatedly.

Welcome to the 30s! This is the decade with the cool people in it!

Sarah said...

A day late and a dollar short, but Happy Birthday!

Christy said...

Happy birthday! Don't believe Razz. Thirties are totally the new twenties...

Oz Runner said...

happy happy birthday!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Happy birthday, sister!

Lindsay said...

happy belated birthday!! double flowers?!? i'm lucky if i get a card, lol.

Spike said...

happy 30 b-day!!! sorry I was late. but I have an excuse, I was out of town.

Irish Cream said...

Aw, Happy Belated Birthday, girl!! I am SUPER jealous of the fun-fetti cake/pumpkin TCBY combo. That sounds like a dream come true!! :)

Carly said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! The 30's are a great decade.

joyRuN said...

Belated happy birthday!

Melanie said...

I know I'm late, but happy bday! Hope it was fabulous!

RunnerGirl said...

Hope you had a great day!

Marathon Maritza said...

Sorry I'm late with this but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Glad to hear it was awesome! I turn 30 in December and now you've got me all excited about it!

No Longer Using said...

hehehei sooooo meant to comment here a long time ago and i come back today and you have 70 comments!!!! that's a lotttta love all well-deserved:) HAPPY 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i get there i hope to be as happy and bubbly and active as you are:) maybe as pink, as well :)

No Longer Using said...

oh! and i was wondering- what speed work are you doing with your group??

Being Robinson said...

i know i'm WAY late. but welcome to 30. it's the best. seriously. :) 30th birthdays are SO fun. also, you apparently share a birthday with my mom! hope so far, 30 is treating you well.

Unknown said...

I have been so terrible in catching up with the blogs. Please forgive me. Happy Belated Birthday ! I wish I can go back to being 30. It was the best evah.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Are you OK? Hoping that you are just having so much FUN in life that there is no time to Blog.

Drop me a line when you get a minute.. Hugs!

Melissa Marie Head said...

Did you turn 30 and decide to quit running and quit blogging? I sure hope not! Hey do you know of any good races in this area (or close) the next few months?

Colleen Walseth said...

fun- fetti is the best! happy birthday!!

RoadBunner said...

Belated happy birthday!!!

RunningMama said...

Happy birthday! hey--saw your comment on Mama Simmons blog and I wanted to let you know that I went through the same thing...and know exactly what its like...good luck. Plan something to keep yourself occupied! Email me if you want: dcrunningmamablog at gmail dot com.