
After picking out the shoes, we started talking about my cold-weather running apparel. I mentioned that I love my black Under Armor shirt, but I wish it wasn't black when I want to run at dusk. (I do have a white Nike cold weather shirt, but it's not compression and not nearly as warm.) Because my mom is awesome, she marches right over to the apparel section and starts pulling white UA shirts for me to try on. Five minutes later, she's tucking a new shirt under her arm and heading toward the register. This stuff will probably get much more wear than some boring sweater from the mall anyway. Thanks mom!
And just as another fun birthday thing to do, I'm getting my body fat % measured using an underwater test on Monday. My mom is concerned that all this running is martini-shaking my internal organs (overies in particular), my dad has thrown out the word "barren!" as a cautionary tale, and I've accidentally caught the husband with a pointy hip bone a few times. Hopefully this test will put some of their concerns to rest. For me: I just want to see if I'd be skinny enough to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. (And if you aren't watching Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team 3, you absolutely positively should be. Trust me on this.)

11 comments:
Sounds like a great birthday- lots of running gear and body fat (haha, that cracked me up!) Hope it goes well. Love the new shoes!
Happy pre-birthday!!! Those are some nice gifts :)
Your mom sounds like mine. This summer for my birthday I asked for running stuff. She did a great job outfitting me with UA stuff. Hope you have a wonderful birthday.
Happy pre-birthday! Those are some rockin' gifts. Have fun with the body fat thing and FWIW I have tons of slender friends (runners and non) who had no trouble having kids.
What a great mom! Good luck with the body fat % test-- your family sounds like my in-laws re: wanting to keep me fertile.
Happy birthday!!!
Hey happy bday! Glad to have another blog on my list too! Winter weather gear is totally on my list too, maybe Santa will do the dirty work and get me some :)
Happy Birthday, my gists as well come from the running department..LOL!
Love the new shoes!
How great is your mom? What a fun shopping trip. My mom usually tells me how much she plans to spend, then I pick everything out and she gives me the money. And I totally asked for running gear for my b-day, too.
So when is your birthday, fellow Scorpio?! Happy Birthday!!
The shoes are totally cute, and good to know about the Under Armour, as I've been thinking about getting me a top.
And I love the way you describe your family's concern for your baby-making abilities. = )
Has anyone ever told you that you lead a charmed life? Silly question...I'm sure you get it a lot. I'll be green with envy by the time I make it through an entire year of your blogs! ps - you're going to join the oldie club this year...enjoy your knees before they crumble to dust ;-)
Post a Comment